From Shopper to Founder to Strategic Advisor of Gilt
Periodically, I will shine the spotlight on those who we can all learn the most from … those individuals who don’t fit in a box and those individuals who have come from an unlikely start to an incredible win. These stories are meant to inspire and help you Power up!® your brand to the next level. Afterall, the brands who contain the most unusual spots are the ones with the most potential to shine the brightest.
I first heard Alexis Maybank, Founder & Strategic Advisor of Gilt, speak at the American Express OPEN for Women: CEO BootCamp in March, 2014. I loved hearing about how she helped build Gilt and shape the way millions shop online. Here are my top 5 favorite parts that you can also view on the video below.
- Idea: It’s often not the first idea that succeeds. Thinking about an idea that already exists and learning how you can do it better is the way to succeed.
- Confidence: You must believe in yourself and be confident that you are the right person for this position.
- Growth: They grew by viral marketing as the team quickly realized that their customer base is their marketing team.
- People: You have to look at the skills around the table, but looking at the personalities around the table are equally, if not more important.
- Actions: What you do now, tomorrow or a year from now will continue to grow in size, scope and responsibilities … so plan, act and behave accordingly!
Hope you enjoy this video and would love to hear how it inspired you!
-> Feel free to post your thoughts in the comments below:
Video (2:18) – Alexis Maybank, Founder & Strategic Advisor of Gilt and New York Times Bestselling Author, speaks at OPEN for Women: CEO BootCamp about how she helped build Gilt and shape the way millions shop online.